Trivia Tuesday: Top Tips from Asparagus
Recipe: 15 Minute Roasted Asparagus
- Spread asparagus on roasting tray
- Spray lightly with olive or avocado oil
- Salt lightly
- Roast-it-with-Renata at 375F for 15 minutes
- You can leave woody end on and just eat it like a french fry once cooked! (Or trim an inch off woody end before roasting.)
Trivia Tuesday Asparagus Top Tips:
- Green and purple asparagus grow above ground.
- White asparagus grows underground where chlorophyll never develops.
- China is the top asparagus producer in the world.
- Asparagus is rich in a flavonoid called quercetin.
- Flavanoids give plants color and are antioxidant superheroes!
- Asparagusic acid comes from asparagus and can cause odor in urine of some people after they eat it.
- Other people cannot physically detect this odor even if it is produced.
- Asparagus is in season February through April.
TRIVIA TUESDAY QUESTION:
Which state is the largest producer of asparagus in the USA?
It’s been proven by quite a few studies that plants are good for our psychological development. If you green an area, the rate of crime goes down. Torture victims begin to recover when they spend time outside in a garden with flowers. So we need them, in some deep psychological sense, which I don’t suppose anybody really understands yet.Jane Goodall