Recipe: Chicago-Green River
- Take 1 large green river such as the Chicago River.
- Use 2 boats to dump 40 lbs of eco-friendly ORANGE dye into the river.
- Use 1 extra boat with necessary attachment to churn all the powder into your river.
- River turns green once all orange dye is blended into the water.
- Green color can last up to 3 days with luck-of-the-Irish weather, longer dependent on the number of green beers you have consumed.
- Use recipe at your own risk, or simply watch the pros use their own secret recipe like they have every March 17th since 1962!
- Green Dyeing starts at 9am on the Chicago River on March 17th, 2019 at 9am
- Stand on the East Side of Michigan Avenue Bridge or find a spot on the Riverwalk!
Okay, you may get arrested if you use the recipe above, so why not watch the pros do it in Chicago this Saturday, March 17th at 9:00a.m.? (Click link!)
Chicago’s St Patrick’s Day Parade starts at Columbus & Balbo at noon (click link!), and I am sure you can think of a few things to do and while you sip your brew. Here are some helpful hints!
Five Top Selling Irish Beers in Ireland
- Smithwick’s Irish Ale
- Guinness Draught
- Murphy’s Irish Stout
- Harp’s Lager (Renata’s Fav)
- Kilkenny Irish Red
Want to search the Irish beer near you? Use this excellent link to TapHunter.com and search here! (Click link!)
Renata’s Chicago-Green River Mocktail
- Large Club Soda over ice
- Splash of Grapefruit Juice
- Lime, cucumber or kiwi slices
- 1 Drop of Green Food Coloring
The first band I identified with from Chicago was the Muddy Waters band.Eric Clapton