DAILY BREAD: No-Hassle Tostada Bar for Grad Party Season2015-05-13
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Try this no-hassle recipe for feeding the masses!
Slow Cooker Taco, Tostada, Burrito Bar
Nothing is easier in this world than a slow cooker cut of meat to feed the masses.
Choose a large pork, chicken or turkey cut, plonk in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until 165F in center at the very least. Over cooked meat is great for a taco bar! Pork tastes fantastic at 190F. Any of these cuts of meat can be cooked with zero prep. If you want to add a splash of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, that’s fine! You can also get VERY creative and add any spices your heart desires! I like to cook my meats plain and simple in the slow cooker, then offer guests to sass them up at the plate with oodles of spices, toppings, cheeses and plenty of hot sauce!
- Plonk chicken breasts, turkey breast, pork loin (for less fatty meat) or pork shoulder in slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until 165F measured internally for chicken, 165-190F for pork
- When done, shred meat with two forks
- Serve plain, or saute meats with regular taco seasoning packet if you wish, serve plain, or make half spiced/ half plain
- Saute 2-3 cans of white beans in taco seasoning packet for vegetarian option at bar
- Serve platters of meat, spicy beans, salsas, hot sauce, freshly chopped cilantro, tostada shells, taco shells, sour cream, pico de gallo, extra chips, hot pepper, extra cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, jalapeños, tons of shredded cheese
- Serve with a large, simple green salad and cherry tomatoes if someone wants to make a taco salad
Goes great with margaritas, Mexican or Spanish beers, sangria, or colorful virgin drinks with little paper umbrellas for drinks.
Remember when you are serving the masses at your home for graduation or party season:
- Your family and friends are there to see you, not how clean your house is!
- If you are happy, your guests will be happy
- Don’t make too many changes to your house right before party or you may go nuts!
- Purchase foods one day, cook the next day to avoid combo stress
When all else fails, and your anxiety is through the roof anyway, just remember this little quote: