Chicken-in-a-Bag–Great for Days Working from Home!2014-10-02
- Yield : Platter of Whole Roasted Chicken
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 35m
Marinade gets in every crevice in this easy prep roasted chicken
- one whole cut up chicken, preferably free range, organic or Amish
- one giant Ziplock bag
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil (you can use all olive oil if you prefer flavor, I like veg oil for browning)
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 2 T. oregano, thyme, or Italian seasonings (whichever you prefer, or a mix of all three)
- 1 T. garlic powder (I like Morton and Basset but any will do, mixed with parsley good)
- 1 T. paprika
- juice from 1-2 fresh, large lemons
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp or your liking of pepper
Add all ingredients but chicken to bag, zip and shake to mix.
Unzip bag and load chicken in, zip up, rub-a-dub to snuggle all juices into chicken pieces.
Pop in fridge and marinate over night or while you work, can be just a half hour if that's all you have time for. Keep flipping throughout work day if you are working from home, so all juices get in every little spot.
Unzip bag, tip contents onto baking sheet with edge, bake in 375F until brown and gooey, juices run clean, about 35-45 minutes depending on size of pieces.