The Classic Vegan Pancake Recipe
Easy Blender Pouring
- 1 T. ground flaxseed
- 3 T. very hot water
- 1 C. flour
- 3 T. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. veg oil (any but olive)
- 1/3 C. sugar (or 3 packets Truvia)
- 1 mashed banana (optional but fabulous)
- pinch of salt
- 1 C. almond milk
- 1/4 C. “Silk Creamer” (optional, but sub more almond milk if not)
- Mix together first two ingredients in small bowl and let it set a minute.
- Put remaining ingredients in blender.
- Add blended flax/water mixture (the “flax-egg”)
- Blend together, adding a bit more milk if needed
- Pour onto medium-high heat non-stick pan. Flip when bubbles form and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with Maple Syrup, Fruit Syrup, or Blended Frozen Blueberries.
- Add dark chocolate chips with no added milk for a decadent treat!
This is the only vegan pancake recipe you will ever need. You can wiggle it, jiggle it, add bits and pieces, and it will turn out great.
The most important dealbreaker ingredients are: baking powder (fluffy height) , ground flaxseed/water “flax-egg”(depth of flavor & binder), and vegetable oil in the batter so the pancakes turn golden brown in the pan.
Lots of people are giving up animal products for Lent, and this is a really easy way for everyone to join together and eat.
Serve these to your favorite vegan, and I guarantee they will flip!
When you want them without milk,
Add some almond, flax, and Silk,
Friends are vegan, some just try,
Get your syrup and pile them high!
Live to Love,